Let’s admit to the fact that we’ve done everything that we can to conceal our double chins. When earing a high-neck top or scarf isn’t working anymore, what else is there to do?
That double chin didn’t sprout overnight. It’s a clear indication of extreme weight gain or obesity. In addition, sagging skin under the chin is also cause by aging as a result of loss of skin elasticity. Lastly, double chin may also be hereditary in nature.
Technological advancements have paved the way to surgical procedures that guarantee removal of a double chin. The only downside is that they are too expensive. For those who simply do not have the budget for such costly procedures, there are simple home remedies that you can utilize to eliminate the double chin. They are effective, affordable, and are painless in nature, thus making them a more attractive treatment.
Here are the top ten ways on how you can get rid of double chin for good:
- Chew a gum
But make sure the gum you choose is sugar free. To get rid of your double chin, it is crucial to get those facial muscles toned. In order to do this, the jaw line needs a good workout. No dumbbells or gym equipment can help you with this, but a simple stick of sugar-free bubble gum will do the trick. Aside from the much-needed exercise, sugar-free gums can also help in the maintenance of healthy teeth and gums. Ideally, you should chew a gum several times a day to slowly, but efficiently remove the double chin.
- Cocoa butter
Cocoa butter when used regularly can greatly improve the tone and elasticity of the skin, resulting in the reduction of the double chin.
- Warm a small amount of cocoa butter in the microwave.
- Gentle place the solution into your neck region and double chin for a few minutes.
- Ideally, this practice should be done a few minutes before taking a shower in the morning and a few minutes before bedtime.
- What germ oil
Massaging your neck region with warm wheat germ oil is yet another powerful way to eliminate the unsightly double chin. It contains high levels of Vitamin E- a nutrient that functions to nourish and tighten the skin.
- Before bedtime, apply a generous amount of wheat germ oil in and around the chin area.
- The direction of the massage should be upwards from the bottom of the neck up to the chin. Do this for 15 minutes.
- Leave the oil and let it soak on your skin overnight.
- Do this as part of your evening beauty regime until you notice improvements on the appearance and lift of your chin.
- Egg whites
The skin tightening function of an egg white mask makes it one of the best home remedies to eradicate the double chin. As egg whites contain proteins, it is also beneficial as it improves the overall health of the skin,
- Whisk together two egg whites with a tablespoon of milk, honey, and lemon juice.
- Then add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Make sure to apply adequate amounts of the mask in and around your neck region.
- Leave the egg white mask on your skin for half an hour.
- Rinse the mask thoroughly with warm water.
- Pat dry the skin.
- It is best to do this at least once daily for best results.
To get rid of the double chin, you may also consider using an all-natural mask made from glycerin.
- Combine one tablespoon of glycerin with one tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Make use of a cotton pad to apply the solution on the chin and neck regions.
- Let it sit on the skin for a few minutes to allow full absorption of the nutrients on the skin.
- Once dry, wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Gentle pat dry the skin.
- It is ideal to do this for up to five times a week for quick results.
- Do chin exercises
To get rid of your double chin, you may want to implement chin exercises. These drills were developed to stretch and tone the muscles on the face, jaw, and neck regions. Aside from getting rid of your double chin, these exercises are also known to relive stiffness and further strengthen the neck muscles.
- While in a sitting position, slowly tilt the head back until your’re looking that ceiling.
- Simply place your lip in a pout and hold this position for at least 5 seconds before release.
- Repeat this exercises up to 10 times in arrow. For positive results, do this on a daily basis.
- Green Tea
Green tea is rich in powerful antioxidants and compounds that facilitate speedy weight loss. These are two of the many reasons why it is being used by millions as part of their respective weight loss efforts. Instead of your usual cup of coffee, change it up a bit by switching to green tea. This drink comes in a wide array of flavors. Make sure to pick one that suits your palate.
- Vitamin E supplementation
Another natural and effective way of eradicating that double chin once and for all is Vitamin E supplementation. This nutrient not only improves skin elasticity, but is beneficial for overall skin health too.
Sources of Vitamin E are as follows:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Brown rice
- Dairy products
- Wheat germ oil
- Soy beans
One excellent way of introducing Vitamin E is by intake of food items that are known to contain this nutrient. If you’re not sure that the food or diet you follow have Vitamin E, supplementation with Vitamin E tablets is a must.
- Milk massage
Massaging the neck region with milk is an absolutely excellent way of tightening and toning the chin. The application of milk also helps in making the skin look soft and supple.
- Apply milk on your chin and gently massage it for a few minutes. Rinse the milk with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure a few times a day for a few weeks.
- Another option that you can do is make a milk mask simply with the addition of honey. Combine the two ingredients and apply the mask all over your chin. Leave the mask to dry for about ten minutes. Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water. Follow this procedure once a day for several weeks.
The melon fruit is a delicious way to eradicate that double chin.
- Opt for extra fresh lemon juice. Use a small cotton ball to apply the juice around the chin and neck region. Gently massage the juice and leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. For positive results, mix lemon juice with apple juice. Gentle massage the mixture around your jaw line.
- As part of a daily healthy regimen, eat more lemons. It contains high water concentration resulting in positive flushing out of toxins from the body. It’s also an excellent weight loss aid.
- Eat fruits and vegetables with high water content. Melon, cucumber, lettuce, and celery are excellent food items that not only flush out toxins, but increase the elasticity of the skin too. Avoid the intake of alcohol, tea, coffee, and carbonated drinks as they flush out water that the body needs for hydration. Adequate intake of fluids is an effective means of reducing water retention, thus reducing the development of puffy face.
- Improve your posture. Keep your head up and your neck and body straight to avoid sagging.
- Include cardio and weight training as part of your exercise regimen.
- Restrict your caloric intake by reducing the amount of unhealthy fat consumption.
- Until you successfully get rid of a double chin, follow smart tricks that reduce its appearance. Choose an appropriate hairstyle such as layered waves, a long bob, or an angled haircut. These techniques will make your double chin look less prominent.